How to Stay Cool This Summer Without Breaking the Bank
Want to ensure your home keeps your family cool all summer long?
Want to lower your energy bills and save money?
Temperatures this summer have been reaching near-record levels already, and it doesn’t look like this hot weather will be going away anytime soon. Beating the heat with your AC is necessary when the forecast is reaching into the mid-90s, but it can have a big impact on your energy bill. Here are some helpful tips that can help you stay cool and save money during the summer:
- Make sure the area surrounding your outdoor unit is clear of debris – Proper airflow will ensure your system is running as efficiently as possible.
- Avoid opening and closing your doors and windows excessively – Letting the cold air out of your home when your AC is on will make your AC work harder and use more energy.
- Let your unit rest while you’re not home – Coming home to a chilled home can be nice but leaving your AC on while you’re gone will drive up your energy bill.
- Inspect and clean vents regularly – Clogged up vents can inhibit your system from circulating air throughout your home.
- Invest in window tints or film – Covering your windows with some protective material can keep out heat from the sun.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water – Proper hydration will always help you stay cooler in the summer!
Call CMR Mechanical to Keep Your AC in Ann Arbor Running This Summer!
Cleaning your AC components will help your unit run more efficiently, which will save you money all summer long. Performing regular maintenance can help you avoid expensive repairs. Schedule your appointment with our technicians today!
“CMR employees were professional, prompt, clean, conscientious, friendly and a pleasure to work with. I recommend them highly!”
- Carola G., Saline, MI
Give us a call today to discuss your heating and cooling needs or for more questions about your AC in Ann Arbor.